Application of the information system for technical monitoring of the construction of suspension bridges
This scientific article focuses on the necessity of shifting the transport communications industry toward innovative development in response to modern economic conditions. To achieve this goal, automated information systems, with databases at their core, are actively being developed and implemented. Databases are instrumental in storing vast amounts of data and executing operations to update data and handle user queries efficiently. Their role continues to expand and finds applications across various sectors, including transport communications. Databases also play a crucial role in decision support systems.
The purpose of the work is to modern economic conditions require the earliest transition of the transport communications industry to the path of innovative development. For this purpose, automated information systems are being actively developed and implemented. Their core is databases that store data that adequately reflect the real state and processes, events, phenomena, and objects that serve to meet the information needs of users. Database technologies are the methodology and software tools for modeling and storing large amounts of data, as well as performing operations for updating data and processing user requests. The role of databases is constantly growing, they are more widely used in all spheres of economic activity, including transport communications. New areas of application are related to decision support systems. In modern conditions, there is a need for the speedy complete and comprehensive electronic systematization of data on the condition of bridge structures on the roads of our country in order to find out the priority and optimality of investments in transport communications.
I. Research Methods
- In order to develop a unified methodology for assessing the technical and operational condition of bridge structures on public roads, the methodology of the bridge condition management system (SUSM) “Belmost” has been developed and is currently being used, operating on the basis of the technologies of the database of bridge structures of the Department “Belavtodor” of the Ministry of Architecture and Construction of the Republic of Belarus. A database of bridge structures is a named set of information data that displays the state of objects, their properties and relationships in a given area. The information in the database is stored centrally with the possibility of multiple access, viewing and modification of data when using the most recent version of the information at that time. For the convenience of data entry and processing by computers, information classification and coding are used. Codes of structural elements and their defects are put in accordance with the developed classifiers, which are a systematized set of names of objects, classification signs and their code designations. The data that makes up the database is managed by a software system called a control system, which is a process of purposeful influence on the totality of the objects under consideration, forming a single whole, which organizes its functioning according to a given program.
II. The main objectives of this methodology are:
- Collection of information and assessment of the transport and operational condition of bridge structures with the determination of the need for repair;
- Forecasting changes in the condition of bridge structures; − assessment of the quality of the bridge service;
- Substantiation of expediency of repair, reconstruction, inspection of bridge structures; − determination of the types and volumes of repair work, determination of the amount of funds required for the repair of bridge structures;
- Optimal planning of funds for the management and maintenance of the bridge fleet; − monitoring of the condition of bridge structures;
- Management of the passage of heavy and bulky vehicles on bridge structures;
- Updating the materials of the automated data bank.
- Bridge Maintenance Service
- Bridge service of the Republican body of state administration in the field of public roads. It represents all structural subdivisions of the road sector and is determined by the general structure of the road industry.
- Automated Bridge Operation Control System (ACSEM). It is a SUSM database with various computational, analytical, information and archival modules.
- A set of regulatory, methodological and administrative documentation. It is a set of regulatory administrative documents, methods of work and calculations, cost standards, prices, instructions, technological maps and other documents that provide technical, regulatory and methodological support for work performed on bridge structures. The SUSM methodology is diagnostics of bridge structures, which includes all types of work to determine the technical and operational condition of bridge structures, as well as assessment of the condition of structures, analysis of results and preparation of optimal work and action plans. Materials of diagnostics of bridge structures are used for planning works on inspections and repair works, in the development of design estimates, and are decisive in planning the volumes, terms of inspections and types of repairs of structures, as well as determining the amount of funds required.
The use of information technologies in the field of transport communications, in particular, for the introduction of a unified methodology for assessing the technical and operational condition of bridge structures, is a real embodiment of the results of scientific and technological progress and can be considered as the final result of innovative activity.
Modern construction and technical operation of buildings should ensure and solve issues of safety of human life. The emergence of new tasks in connection with innovative processes in construction technology, the introduction of poorly studied materials, the construction of buildings in dense urban areas in a short time, wind loads that are growing every year, The weight and speed of traffic, vibrations from traffic flows, changes in soils have a negative impact on the condition of building structures and the entire building as a whole. A sufficiently negative reaction to this.
The remote monitoring system of suspension bridges/suspension bridges mainly targets GPS displacement, real-time deformation, long-term deformation, over-limit, and bridge overload monitoring systems. Bridge deck cracks, support pressure, displacement, tilt, etc., to realize bridge safety monitoring.
Composition of the system
The real-time Jixun Bridge online monitoring system can effectively measure deformation, crack, displacement, deflection, tilt, temperature and humidity, wind force, draft, river pH, vehicle load (i.e., vehicle type, vehicle speed, vehicle weight, axle load, vehicle length), The tipping and slippage of the single-post pier ramp (i.e., deformation, displacement, inclination angle), the settlement and leveling of the bridge surface (i.e., deflection, GPS) and other key parameters are controlled. Effectively capture the power and operation of the bridge in real time to ensure the normal and stable operation of the bridge.
The system consists of three parts, namely:
Front Detection Equipment: Front detection equipment can detect data such as bridge cracks, pressure, displacement, tilt, wind force, etc. At the same time, the pressure sensor can detect the load and type of vehicle, and collect vehicle data through the camera. Sensors such as pH detectors and temperature and humidity sensors, are added to the supports to monitor the effects of the external environment on the bridge in real time.
Data Transmission Equipment: The data transmission equipment can use TG452 Edge Computing Gateway, TG462 Industrial Internet of Things Gateway, and TG463 Industrial Gigabit Gateway, which are responsible for collecting external sensor data and transmitting data via 5G/4G and NB Wireless IoT networks so that the backend can accurately receive relevant data.
Internal Control Center: The control center is responsible for monitoring the daily data of the bridge in real-time. The data is displayed through a cloud computing platform. In the event of a malfunction, the platform automatically triggers an alarm program. Compare previous big data to identify the anomaly and facilitate processing.
IV. Features of the system:
- It can be controlled according to the different accents of the superstructure, base and auxiliary structures of the bridge to facilitate the observation of the data;
- It can detect the loading and model of different types of vehicles. Non-standard vehicles can collect data with cameras and track it in real-time, which is convenient for timely processing;
- The bridge data is displayed in sections, and the anomalous area is accurately identified, so you don't have to worry about blindly searching for anomalous points;
- Manual inspection can be added to important parts, and personnel can check and measure data, and transmit real-time inspection data through a cloud-based computing management platform, which helps technicians to deal with emergencies in a timely manner, repair bridges on time, and ensure the safety of bridge operation;
- The system can not only monitor the bridge data, but also monitor the bridge environment data and protect the safety of the bridge in several directions to ensure the normal operation of the bridge.
V. Platform Features
1. Bridge Flow Monitoring System
Jixun's cloud-based bridge management platform can monitor the traffic flow on the bridge in real-time, as well as data on load, speed, etc.
2. Video Analysis System
At the same time, the IoT gateway has a video analysis function, which can automatically analyze abnormal transportation. data and report it on time.
3. Bridge Data Display System
Jixun's cloud-based bridge management platform can display real-time bridge data, especially data on displacement, inclination, pressure, crack presence, etc. deal with it.
4. Environmental Monitoring System
It is possible to monitor the weather near the bridge, remind about typhoons and downpours in time, and the data can be simultaneously transmitted to the network, which is convenient for vehicle drivers who need to enter the bridge to make a decision. Change or cancel the route.
It stores real-time data in the database system to facilitate the display of historical data in the future, and automatically issues inspection data, maintenance plans, and bridge maintenance reports.
6. Bridge File Management System
The bridge file management system can archive various monitoring data such as bridge structure status, foundation settlement, vehicle monitoring and snapshots to the server in real time, thereby realizing the management of electronic household registration on the principle of “one bridge, one file”.
7. Remote Application Control System
After technicians went to the site to inspect the exterior of the bridge, they uploaded the inspection results via a mobile app. Managers or technicians of all levels can log in and access the health status of each bridge through any computer browser or mobile app, which will help technicians deal with emergencies in a timely manner, repair faulty bridges in time, and ensure the safe operation of the bridge.
- Kokoreva N.A., Petrenko I.A. Monitoring of bridge construction: technologies and information systems. Moscow: SYNTEG, 2015.
- Kuzmin V.A. Application of the monitoring information system in bridge construction. International Scientific and Technical Journal “Innovations in Construction”, 2018.
- Leshchankov A.N., Shangareev T.G., Khromov A.V. Automated System for Monitoring and Diagnostics of the State of Bridges. Vestnik Tyumenskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 2016.
- Mikheev V.A., Kolesnikov D.V., Ryzhikov A.V. Software for monitoring technical states of bridges. Proceedings of the Scientific Conference “Automation and Information Technologies in Science and Industry”, 2017.
- Radko A.Y., Knyazev P.I. Organization of monitoring of bridge construction with the help of integrated information systems. International Scientific and Technical Journal “Bridges and Tunnels”, 2015.
- Solodky I.B. Monitoring and Diagnostics of the State of Bridges: Information and Technological Solutions. Scientific and Technical Journal “Bridges and Tunnels”, 2018.
- Strukovskaya O.A., Krasnoygorova I.A. Software and hardware solutions for monitoring the state of bridges. Scientific and Technical Journal “Automation and Information Technologies in Science and Industry”, 2016.
- Usmanov I.R., Fedorin V.V. System for monitoring the technical condition of bridges. Vestnik Moskovskogo avtomobilno-dorozhnogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta, 2018.
- Chursin A.V., Lyapunov A.S., Golovatenko A.V. Automated Bridge Construction Monitoring System. Collection of Scientific Papers of Young Scientists and Specialists “Information Technologies in Construction and Economy”, 2017.
- Shamovskaya N.Y., Kornilov A.I. Application of Information Technologies in Monitoring the Construction of Transport Infrastructure Facilities. International Scientific and Technical Journal “Technologies and Equipment for the Construction and Reconstruction of Transport Infrastructure Facilities”, 2018.